Riding the Silk Road, 2002-2009)

Riding the Silk Road, 2002-2009)
Where it all began: Xian, May 2002

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Still stuck

Kuwait, July 14

It's Bastille Day, and I feel like storming the ramparts, as I'm still stuck in transport limbo. The ferry was cancelled again last night (high winds was the official explanation) and so they're supposed to try again tonight. If it doesn't happen tonight, I will go to plan B and fly to Shiraz. Which is probably what I should have done in the first place!

I'm beginning to think of the Huwally Continental Hotel as the Hotel California: I've checked out three times but haven't yet successfully left! I feel as stuck as the migrant workers who do all the real work here. Talking to lots of them over the past few days, I haven't yet met anyone who likes being here; they're here strictly for the cold hard cash. I'm even worse off, paying $50 a night for a "cheap" hotel instead of earning money!

Anyway, I sincerely hope that I sail tonight!!

Peace and Tailwinds!

Graydon

No comments:

Post a Comment